if your Xiaomi smartphone is already old and the manufacturer hasn’t released updates to your device yet, or you want to Add some extra features options not found in the official ROM to your Xiaomi mobile, then you can download and install AospExtended V6.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
A Custom ROM is an unofficial version of the OS to replaces the pre-installed Android operating system on your Xiaomi device. A Custom ROM is a System upgrade for older smartphones or for new devices before the vendor release date.
The Custom ROM is the modified version of the Original ROM which gives you tonnes of customizations on your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 like Root Access, Additional Features, and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, Alternative UI, Install incompatible applications, Better Performance, Receive the latest Android updates…
There is a lot of developer communities that develop their own Custom ROM for Android devices: Lineage OS, Resurrection remix, Syberia Project, HavocOS, PixysOS, ArrowOS, MSM Xtended, crDroid, PE Extended, Liquid Remix, SuperiorOS, AOSP, AOKP, Sonic developers, Quark, AICP, XOSP, CarbonROM, PixelExperience, NitrogenOS, AOSP Extended, CyanogenMod, Mokee, Dirty Unicorn, Beanstalk…
if you want the latest features, better performance, and more frequent updates, then customize your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 phone and installing AospExtended V6.1 based on Android 9.0 Pie is the right choice for you.
Install AospExtended V6.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Copy the AospExtended V6.1 ZIP & Gapps ZIP files to the internal storage or SD card.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Mi Max 2 to TWRP Recovery:
- Power off your Xiaomi mobile.
- Press & hold The Power button + Volume Up key together for a few seconds.
- Tab on Wipe => Advanced Wipe.
- Check Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache.
- Swipe to start the wipe.
- Go Back and Tap on the Install button.
- Select the AospExtended V6.1.zip file.
- Tap on Add more ZIPs and select the GApps ZIP file.
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Then Tap on Reboot to Restart your Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- Congratulations, you’re now running AospExtended V6.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
The first boot may take a while, but when it’s up and running, you’ll set things up like any other Android phone.