if your Xiaomi smartphone is already old and the manufacturer hasn’t released updates to your device yet, or you want to add some extra features options not found in the official ROM to your Xiaomi mobile, then you can Download and Install MIUI 12 on Xiaomi POCO X2.
The MIUI 12 gives the best and highly secure user interface with a new UI with infinite customization options. The latest MIUI 12 will bring a number of features to your Xiaomi POCO X2 such as Super wallpapers & animated AOD, New system animations, Perfect dark mode 2.0, Better multitasking, AI phone assistant, Classic themes in super quality, Health tracker, Improved privacy and security tools, and much more.
MIUI 12 is an unofficial version of the OS to replaces the pre-installed Android operating system on your Xiaomi device, to upgrade POCO X2 smartphones to MIUI 12 before the MIUI 12 release date. MIUI 12 will be much better from MIUI 11.
The Custom ROM is the modified version of the Original ROM which gives you tonnes of customizations on your Xiaomi POCO X2 like Root Access, Additional Features, and System Tweaks, Eliminate Bloatware, Alternative UI, Install incompatible applications, Better Performance, Receive the latest Android updates…
if you want the latest features, better performance, and more frequent updates, then customize your Xiaomi POCO X2 phone, and installing MIUI 12 based on Android 10 is the right choice for you.
Make sure to unlock Xiaomi POCO X2 bootloader:
Install Xiaomi POCO X2 USB drivers on your computer:
Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
Download the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi POCO X2:
Download MIUI 12 ROM for POCO X2
How to boot Xiaomi POCO X2 to TWRP recovery.
- Located the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer
- Extract TWRP Recovery file on the ADB and Fastboot folder
- Rename the TWRP Recovery file to TWRP.img
- In an empty area, on your keyboard hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, then select Open a command window here.
- Restart your Xiaomi POCO X2 in Fastboot mode:
- Power off your Xiaomi mobile.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Down key together for a few seconds.
- Then Connect your Xiaomi POCO X2 to your PC/laptop via USB cable.
- Verify that your Xiaomi POCO X2 recognized in Fastboot mode:
- Fastboot devices
- Boot the recovery TWRP:
- Fastboot boot recovery TWRP.img
- You have successfully Boot Xiaomi POCO X2 to TWRP recovery.
Install MIUI 12 on Xiaomi POCO X2
- Copy the POCO X2 MIUI 12 ZIP ROM to the internal storage or SD card.
- Tab on Wipe => Advanced Wipe.
- Check Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache.
- Swipe to start the wipe.
- Go Back and Tap on the Install button.
- Select the Xiaomi POCO X2 MIUI 12.zip file.
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Then Tap on Reboot to Restart your Xiaomi POCO X2.
- Congratulations, you’re now running MIUI 12 on POCO X2.
The first boot may take a while, but when it’s up and running, you’ll set things up like any other Android phone.