If you want to root your phone, installing custom Roms, installing ZIP files, wipe cache and reset your smartphone, backup your data and restore it, remove pre-installed apps Or Change the IP, and Change the font of your Xiaomi Mi Max Prime… To do that, follow This guide on how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime.
Team Win Recovery Project or just TWRP is a custom recovery project probably the most custom recovery that all android user will use it to customize their Android devices. TWRP provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows facilitates the use of custom software, including the latest custom ROMs, kernels, and mods like Xposed Framework, etc.
Make sure to unlock Xiaomi Mi Max Prime bootloader before Installing custom recovery:
Install Xiaomi Mi Max Prime USB drivers on your computer:
Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot:
Download the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Max Prime:
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
- Go to Settings> About phone
- Tab 8 times on the MIUI Version to enable Developers Option.
- Go back to the previous screen:
- Additional Settings == Developers Options
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime
- Located the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer
- Extract TWRP Recovery file on the ADB and Fastboot folder
- Rename the TWRP Recovery file to TWRP.img
- In an empty area, on your keyboard hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, then select Open a command window here.
- Restart your Xiaomi Mi Max Prime in Fastboot mode:
- Power off your Xiaomi mobile.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Down key together for a few seconds.
- Then Connect your Xiaomi Mi Max Prime to your PC/laptop via USB cable.
- Verify that your Xiaomi Mi Max Prime recognized in Fastboot mode:
- Fastboot devices
- Flash the recovery TWRP:
- Fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Restart the Xiaomi Mi Max Prime in normal mode:
- Fastboot reboot
- You have successfully install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Max Prime.
Now, you can boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a few seconds then Release both keys when you see MI logo on the screen.