If you want to root your phone, installing custom Roms, installing ZIP files, wipe cache and reset your smartphone, backup your data and restore it, remove pre-installed apps Or Change the IP, and Change the font of your Xiaomi Mi Play… To do that, follow This guide on how to install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Play.
Team Win Recovery Project or just TWRP is a custom recovery project probably the most custom recovery that all android user will use it to customize their Android devices. TWRP provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows facilitates the use of custom software, including the latest custom ROMs, kernels, and mods like Xposed Framework, etc.
You should keep in mind before installing TWRP on your Xiaomi Mi Play: You brick your Phone if you do not follow the steps correctly.it will void your warranty. You will not be able to get OTA updates anymore on the Xiaomi Mi Play.
How to Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Smartphone and Tablet
Install Minimal ADB and Fastboot
Install Xiaomi Mi Play USB drivers on your computer
Download the TWRP Recovery for Xiaomi Mi Play
As a safety measure, we highly recommend taking a complete backup of your Xiaomi Mi Play.
ENABLE USB DEBUGGING
- Go to Settings> About phone
- Tab 8 times on the MIUI Version to enable Developers Option.
- Go back to the previous screen:
- Additional Settings == Developers Options
- Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlocking.
How to Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Play
- Located the ADB and Fastboot folder on your computer
- Extract TWRP Recovery file on the ADB and Fastboot folder
- Rename the TWRP Recovery file to TWRP.img
- In an empty area, on your keyboard hold down the shift key and right-click with the mouse, then select Open a command window here.
- Restart your Xiaomi Mi Play in Fastboot mode:
- Power off your Xiaomi mobile.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Down key together for a few seconds.
- Then Connect your Xiaomi Mi Play to your PC/laptop via USB cable.
- Verify that your Xiaomi Mi Play recognized in Fastboot mode:
- Fastboot devices
- Flash the recovery TWRP:
- Fastboot flash recovery TWRP.img
- Restart the Xiaomi Mi Play in normal mode:
- Fastboot reboot
- You have successfully install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Play.
Now, you can boot your phone into TWRP Recovery mode by holding the Volume Up + Power button at the same time for a few seconds then Release both keys when you see MI logo on the screen.
Read more: Download And Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Pro
16 thoughts on “Download And Install TWRP on Xiaomi Mi Play”
Hi, thanks for this tutorial, but I see you put a link for the Xiaomi Mi Play TWRP, but when you enter the TWRP website does not appear the model Mi Play.
Which TWRP should I download?
Not work bro
try this command: Fastboot boot recovery TWRP.img
Not working bor
Fastboot boot recovery TWRP.img
It is not working
It is not working
Can i install this twrp recovery in mi play android 8 miui 11?
Hi! I need some help. After i do fastboot boot TWRP.img, the phone just boots normally to the OS. Any idea how can i fix that?
After flashing TWRP and still in fastboot, press & hold power and volume+. Keep both held while it reboots. When the Redmi logo appears and the phone vibrates release the power button. Keep holding the volume+ button until it boots into TWRP.
Is it working?
fiz tudo certinho, mas quando eu desligo e tento iniciar o twrp ele liga normal