Xiaomi has more than one ROM, Chinese, international, Indonesian, Indian, Taiwanese, Turkish, European, and Russian. The difference between them is in the support of network frequencies, meaning this global one supports all the frequencies that are supposed to work in all countries, while the rest contains the frequencies that will work better in their region ( As far as I know, this reduces the cost). Each country will have certain laws and standards, I mean China does not have Google services and you need to download them manually. In this article, you will learn how to Update XIAOMI Device without any computer and without unlocking the bootloader, with this method you can Install any ROM on Xiaomi, if your device is global you can turn it in India or Indonesia or Russia, or china ROM without using any computer or unlocking bootloader, just follow the guide bellow
Is the way to install the ROM without unlocking the bootloader safe?
The answer is no because it has a big risk, you can break your phone completely and it was not working. However, the method worked with many very people. That is why I said it is not guaranteed, I mean, you will likely have a problem.
How do you know the ROM you have, global, India, Russia, Indonesia…?
Go to settings, about the phone. Here you will find in front of the word MIUI version written the version, for example, V22.214.171.124.RJUMIXM
The first letter R means the version of Android, Android 11.
The second and third letter JU is the mobile code and this is the code for POCO X3 Pro.
The fourth and fifth letters are the countries that interest us and you will know from them the version of the ROM for your mobile. Here MI means Global.
ID = Indonesian
MI = Global
CN = Chinese
EU = European
RU = Russian
TW = Taiwanese
TR = Turkish
IN = Indian
Read more: How to Flash XIAOMI Stock Firmware – All Methods
How to Install any ROM on Xiaomi Via Updater
- First, you need to Download the Same Miui version on your Xiaomi device
- Download the recovery ROM.
- For example: if your Xiaomi device running the Miui 12.5.5 Global ROM
- Download the other ROM you want on Xiaomi. Download the recovery ROM.
- Settings => About Device => MIUI Version
- 3 dots => Choose Update Package => Choose the same ROM you downloaded that running on your Xiaomi device.
- For example Miui 12.5.5 Global ROM
- Don’t click on Robot & Update & go to the Home page.
- Find the Global ROM that you downloaded => 3 dots => Rename.
- Copy all the names of the global ROM then change the Name to any name you want
- Rename the other ROM you want on your Xiaomi then Paste the Global ROM name.
- Go back to the Updater page then tap on Robot & update
- Your Xiaomi device will begin upgrading. Wait until the update is completed.
- Congratulations your Xiaomi device was updated without any computer and without unlocking the bootloader.
Read more: Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool All Versions – Official Mi Flash Tool
9 thoughts on “How to Install any ROM on Xiaomi Without unlock Bootloader or PC”
Thanks for all this work it’s really great Youssef abouza I want to ask just before I go to flash my phone redmi K40 with updater or the recoverymode if I have a Global rom in mmy phone but I want to change it to the Chinese ROM it’s that possible or wil lead to crash my phone system. Waiting for the answer thank you
is this method working to my xiaomi mi cc9 china rom?
it’s ok to use this method to reflash my mi cc9 china rom to global rom?
Updated: August 22
No longer works, just tried ony Xioami 12x. Any other ways brothers…?
Currently on CNrom, wanna change to Global.
use the fastboot rom by unlock bootloader
I have Mi 12X global and want to install TW rom. Is there any known problem when installing TW rom from Global Rom?
unlock bootloader and flash tw fastboot rom via flash tool
I tried this method in Xiaomi MI 11 Ultra China ROM, but not working.Your title is “How to Install any ROM on Xiaomi Without unlock Bootloader or PC”, I noticed that you replied to some comments, to unlock bootloader and flash the reqired rom. For your info, I also tried with unlocked bootloader, but doesn’t work at all.
Should I send my mobile phone to you for changing the rom by your method?
is it that you publshed this post just for people’s view and to waste time to try this without any success?
Hope, you will reply.
yes if this method does not work for you because not work for the latest miui version
The unlock bootloader method is the official method. the Xiaomi company says that not me