Xiaomi has more than one ROM, Chinese, international, Indonesian, Indian, Taiwanese, Turkish, European, and Russian. The difference between them is in the support of network frequencies, meaning this global one supports all the frequencies that are supposed to work in all countries, while the rest contains the frequencies that will work better in their region ( As far as I know, this reduces the cost). Each country will have certain laws and standards, I mean China does not have Google services and you need to download them manually. In this article, you will learn how to Update XIAOMI Device without any computer and without unlocking the bootloader, with this method you can Install any ROM on Xiaomi, if your device is global you can turn it in India or Indonesia or Russia, or china ROM without using any computer or unlocking bootloader, just follow the guide bellow
Is the way to install the ROM without unlocking the bootloader safe?
The answer is no because it has a big risk, you can break your phone completely and it was not working. However, the method worked with many very people. That is why I said it is not guaranteed, I mean, you will likely have a problem.
How do you know the ROM you have, global, India, Russia, Indonesia…?
Go to settings, about the phone. Here you will find in front of the word MIUI version written the version, for example, V126.96.36.199.RJUMIXM
The first letter R means the version of Android, Android 11.
The second and third letter JU is the mobile code and this is the code for POCO X3 Pro.
The fourth and fifth letters are the countries that interest us and you will know from them the version of the ROM for your mobile. Here MI means Global.
ID = Indonesian
MI = Global
CN = Chinese
EU = European
RU = Russian
TW = Taiwanese
TR = Turkish
IN = Indian
How to Install any ROM on Xiaomi Via Updater
- First, you need to Download the Same Miui version on your Xiaomi device
- Download the recovery ROM.
- For example: if your Xiaomi device running the Miui 12.5.5 Global ROM
- Download the other ROM you want on Xiaomi. Download the recovery ROM.
- Settings => About Device => MIUI Version
- 3 dots => Choose Update Package => Choose the same ROM you downloaded that running on your Xiaomi device.
- For example Miui 12.5.5 Global ROM
- Don’t click on Robot & Update & go to the Home page.
- Find the Global ROM that you downloaded => 3 dots => Rename.
- Copy all the names of the global ROM then change the Name to any name you want
- Rename the other ROM you want on your Xiaomi then Paste the Global ROM name.
- Go back to the Updater page then tap on Robot & update
- Your Xiaomi device will begin upgrading. Wait until the update is completed.
- Congratulations your Xiaomi device was updated without any computer and without unlocking the bootloader.