Xiaomi lock the bootloader of their devices so that only wants you to stick to their Android MIUI version that specifically designed for the device. With a locked bootloader on Xiaomi devices, it is impossible to flash a Fastboot & Custom ROM, install mods, install TWRP recovery or root your Xiaomi device. Bootloader is basically a security layer which helps to avoid any external program to change some parts of the system which may cause harm to the Xiaomi device.
But Xiaomi provides a mi unlocking tool that will allow you to easily unlock the bootloader on ANY Xiaomi Android smartphone & tablet. so in this tutorial will help you to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi smartphone quickly and easily.
- You can RE-LOCK your Xiaomi bootloader again by select Clean all and lock option when you flash official rom via Mi Flash Tool - Unlocking your Xiaomi bootloader voids its warranty. It also Will completely Erase Everything on your device. So MAKE A BACKUP (applications, contacts, SMS and MMS messages ...)
How to Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Smartphone and Tablet
- Go to Settings => About phone => Tap 7 Times MIUI Version
- Go back to Settings => Additional Settings => Developer Options=> Enable OEM unlocking.
- Tab on Mi Unlock Status.
- Tab on Add account and device and log in your Mi account with your device
- Create a Mi account on your phone if you don’t have one at MIUI.com
- Go back to Settings => Additional Settings => Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB debugging.
- Go to Mi Cloud en.miui.com/unlock
- Request an authorization to unlock the bootloader.
- Click on Unlock Now.
- Download the miflash_unlock Tool and install it on your PC/Laptop.
- Run the miflash_unlock.exe unlock app.
- Click on Sing in.
- Log into your Mi account then click on Sing in.
- Restart your Xiaomi mobile in Fastboot mode.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Down key together for a few seconds.
- Then Connect your Xiaomi to your PC/laptop via USB cable.
- Once your Xiaomi smartphone or tablet correctly recognized by Mi Unlock, click on Unlock to unlock its Bootloader.
- Please unlock 168 hours later. and do not add your account in MIUI again, otherwise, you will wait from scratch
- After 168 hours click on Unlock again.
- Congratulations Your Xiaomi phone bootloader is now UNLOCKED
Now you can easily install TWRP recovery and root your Xiaomi device, Flash Fastboot Flash custom ROMS, Flash Custom Recovery, change your boot image, use custom kernels, use Titanium Backup, enable Camera 2api…