if your Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 smartphone is already old and the manufacturer hasn’t released updates to your device yet, or you want to add some extra features options not found in the official ROM to your Xiaomi mobile, then you can Download and Install Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 Custom ROMs.
Benefits of Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 Custom ROMs
- Receive the latest Android updates.
- Improved performance.
- System Tweaks.
- Security Updates
- Effective battery life.
- Less preinstalled software.
- Frequent updates.
- Alternative UI.
- Updates based on the latest version of Android.
- Eliminate Bloatware.
- Install incompatible applications.
- ROOT access.
- Removing unnecessary viruses.
A Custom ROM is an unofficial version of the OS to replaces the pre-installed Android operating system on your Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 device. A Custom ROM is a System upgrade for older smartphones or for new devices before the vendor release date.
There is a lot of developer communities that develop their own custom ROM for Android devices: Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Syberia Project, HavocOS, PixysOS, ArrowOS, MSM Xtended, crDroid, PE Extended, Liquid Remix, SuperiorOS, AOSP, AOKP, Sonic developers, Quark, AICP, XOSP, CarbonROM, PixelExperience, NitrogenOS, AOSP Extended, CyanogenMod, Mokee, Dirty Unicorn, Beanstalk…if you want the latest features, better performance, & more frequent updates, then customize Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 phone, & installing the latest ROMs. Install Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 voids its warranty. flashxiaomi cannot be held responsible for any damage caused If you do not follow the procedure correctly.
Install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2
Download Android Gapps for Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2
Download Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 Custom ROMs
ViperOS v3.1.1 Android 7 Nougat
Resurrection Remix v5.8.5 Android 7 Nougat
crDroidAndroid v3.8.9 Android 7.1.2 Nougat
LineageOS 14.1 Android 7 Nougat
Install Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 Custom ROM
- Copy the Custom ROM ZIP & Gapps ZIP files to the internal storage or SD card.
- Reboot your Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2 to TWRP Recovery:
- Power off your Xiaomi mobile.
- Press & hold the Power button + Volume Up key together for a few seconds.
- Tab on Wipe => Advanced Wipe.
- Check Dalvik Cache, System, Data, and Cache.
- Swipe to start the wipe.
- Go Back and Tap on the Install button.
- Select the Custom ROM.zip file.
- Tap on Add more ZIPs and select the GApps ZIP file.
- Swipe to Confirm Flash
- Then Tap on Reboot to Restart your Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2.
- Congratulations, you’re now a new Custom ROM on Xiaomi Redmi Redmi Note 2.
The first boot may take a while, but when it’s up and running, you’ll set things up like any other Android phone.