MIUI is a stock firmware for XIAOMI smartphones and tablets based on the Android operating system, includes features such (Themes, Dual Apps, Call Recording, WiFi password Sharing, Scrolling screenshot support, Full-screen Gestures, App lock…) MIUI also receives fast updates that give you access to new improvements and fixes bugs and more stability to your Xiaomi smartphone. In this guide, i share how to Update XIAOMI Stock Firmware – All Methods.
All Xiaomi device run Miui except for some device that runs the Android one, the Official MIUI is available in two versions Global ROM and China ROM. If you use a Xiaomi smartphone and want to update your Xiaomi device to the latest version of Miui ROM This guide will show you how to update your Xiaomi to the latest MIUI version. All Methods
Device manufacturers release the Stock ROM, which is considered the most stable ROM available for a particular device model and Android version. However, the Stock ROM typically lacks customization options and additional features.
What is the difference between MIUI Fastboot and recovery ROM?
Recovery ROM is a flashable.zip file you can place in your sd card or external storage and flash your Xiaomi without using a computer and without unlocking the bootloader, during flashing, if something interrupts no problem of Xiaomi device is bricked.
Fastboot ROM the flashing is done via connecting the Xiaomi device to the computer via USB in fastboot mode, you must unlock the bootloader first, and use the mi flash tool. if your Xiaomi phone disconnect during the process it may brick your Xiaomi device.
- install Xiaomi USB drivers: USB Driver
- Download MiFlash Tool Windows: Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool All Versions
- Stock firmware file for your device: Official Rom
How to Flash Xiaomi stock Firmware Via Updater
- Download & Copy the download ROM file to the internal storage or SD card into the folder ‘downloaded_rom’.
- On the Setting on your device, Go to About phone =>> System update
- then click on the Three Dots at the top right corner
- Select choose update package
- Then select the ROM file you’ve put in downloaded_rom
- Your Xiaomi device will begin upgrading. Wait until the update is completed.
How to Flash Xiaomi Firmware Via flash tool
- Run XiaomiMiFlash.exe Tool.
- Restart your Xiaomi mobile in Fastboot mode.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Down key together for a few seconds.
- Then Connect your Xiaomi to your PC/laptop via USB cable.
- Click on Select and browse to the folder where you have Unzip the downloaded ROM file then press Ok.
- Click on the Refresh button you will see that your device is connected to port com.
- Select on Clean all and lock button in the Xiaomi mi flash tool.
- Clean All: The process will flash full Fastboot ROM without leaving anything (including user data will remove) except the bootloader doesn’t change
- Save User Data: The process will flash Fastboot ROM and leave user data unchanged
- Clean All and Lock: The process is like the Clean All..but this one includes bringing back the bootloader to a locked state again.
- Now click on the Flash button to begin the flashing progress.
- Once your ROM is successfully flashed, you’ll see a green bar inside MiFlashtool.
Flash Xiaomi Rom Via TWRP
- Download & Copy the download update ROM file to the internal storage or SD card.
- Restart your Xiaomi mobile in Recovery mode.
- Power off your device.
- Press and hold The Power button + Volume Up key together for a few seconds.
- Click Wipe and scroll down and choose Advanced wipe and swipe to confirm Wipe.
- Go back to the TWRP main menu, tap on Install and select the update ROM file that you transferred to your device above.
- Swipe to Confirm Flash on the bottom of the screen to begin the update ROM installation process.
- Once the installation is finished, click on “Reboot System” to reboot your phone.
Read More: Download Xiaomi Mi Flash Tool All Versions
11 thoughts on “Xiaomi Stock Firmware – All Methods”
good job bro…i follow your method and i have successfully fashed redmi 4X
Where i can find redmi 4x rom
Great bro… Great what’s there last update of my mi 5s
Thank you for such good guidance and patience explaining this process.
Thanks bro, my Note 5 was stuck on a bootloop and you fixed it
thank you so much.. finally done with the help of this good tutorial
NVM I think I can
yes with miflash tool
Great worked 100%
The tutorial worked. Thanks. There’s just an error showing when I’m almost finished flashing the ROM by Mi Flash Method. But when the phone rebooted it’s working fine so I just unplugged the USB cable. I’m happy to find a tutorial and ROM that is not corrupted and didn’t brick my phone. 🙂
glad to help you